Tuesday 12 March 2013

What Joy Means To Me, Mimi Luk



What is the definition of joy? The meaning of joy is so personal - it can mean looking into your newborn baby's eyes for the first time, spending time with your beloved pet, or appreciating a beautiful rainbow over the horizon. Some try to find joy in acquiring material things, or achieving monetary success or fame.

For me, the meaning of joy is being my true self. My mentor, Deepak Chopra discusses the true self:

1. The true self is certain and clear about things. 

2. The true self is stable.

3. The true self is driven by a deep sense of truth.  

4. The true self is at peace. 

5. The true self is love.

By being my true self, I have complete joy and inner peace. I appreciate every moment of my life and never take anyone or anything for granted.  I believe that no person or circumstance in my life is there by coincidence. I trust that I am to learn and grow from every person I encounter and every situation I face. I believe in limitless possibilities and have faith that everything is as it should be. With these beliefs, I can rest assured knowing that everything is well and live my life in a state of love, peace, and joy.



Joy cannot be bought, or found, or earned. Joy comes from within you. Joy comes from being grateful for all that you have and for all that you are. Joy is a state of being. That, to me, is the essence of joy.

Thanks for being here with me on my first blog post.
Mimi Luk

16 comments:

  1. Very cool post! Keep me updated when your next blog is done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Steven. I appreciate your kind comments. For sure I will let you know when my next blog is posted.

      Delete
  2. congratulations on your first post. i've been at it for a little over a year. it can be very rewarding. good luck...

    nellie
    http://nellie-writes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nellie, for your encouraging words. I very much appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on getting started! Great first post. Knowing how we personally defined joy helps to keep others from defining it for us. I think a lot of people let others and things define their joy then wonder why they are not happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, TJ! Yes, it is crucial not to let others decide what makes us happy. We must always be honest and true to ourselves. Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Les. I really appreciate you reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mimi
    Great post! I just did my first blog today!! Thanks for connecting with me on Twitter. Best of luck with your website and new book!
    Joanne D'Amico

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Joanne. Thank you so much for reading my blog and writing such nice comments. I read your first blog too. Congratulations! Good luck to you too with your website. Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post. I especially loved the part about no coincidences, learning from all situations, and having faith. Congratulations on your first post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shana. Thank you for your lovely words. I very much appreciate them. Yes, I believe with all my heart that there are no such thing as coincidences - only blessings! Hope you have a fabulous evening!

      Delete
  9. Fantastic blog! "joy comes from within you".. This couldn't be more accurate! I think as long as you have "this", everything else seems so much better. Thank you for sharing Mimi Luk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Yaima. Thank you so much for your nice comments. I am so happy that my blog resonated with you! Have a terrific Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just finished the podcast amazing story Mimi! http://www.blogtalkradio.com/yourhappinessway/2013/05/30/create

    ReplyDelete
  12. You nailed this one so beautifully well Mimi, excellent post my friend ♥

    ReplyDelete